Useful Information & Resources
University of Ottawa
Lab Safety at uOttawa
- Find information about uOttawa risk management, the training you might need, hazards and safety in research (read more)
- Training and workshops you need before entering the lab:
1. Lab Safety Training: register for the workshop
2. Worker Health and Safety Awareness: take the online course
3. Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) - for laboratory workers: take the online course
4. Laser Safety Training - Principles of Laser Safety: register for the workshop
5. Becoming a laser user? Fill out and submit the New Laser Users in a Laboratory form!
- Find Materials Safety Data Sheets of the chemical product you are working with: MSDS resources
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
The Centre for Advanced Materials Research (CAMaR) is a new centre that will build on a collaborative research, education and training base at the University of Ottawa's Centre for Research and Innovation in Catalysis (CCRI), the Centre for Research in Photonic (CRP) and the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute. CAMaR aims to bring together different sets of research skills leading to collective learning and innovation, thus addressing the challenge of creating new materials, with a focus on applications that can address environmental concerns and those that can Provide new strategies for health sciences. Read more...