- 31 October 2019 - Nan defended her Master's thesis. Congratulations!
- 1 September 2019 - The HemmerLab welcomes our new Honours Students Nicholas, Parrish and Tina, as well as Master's Student Fathi!
- 27 August 2019 - The RISE summer ended with a wonderful RISE 2019 Meeting at the University of Ottawa. For more about RISE, check out here.
- 29 May 2019 - The story on luminescent nanomagnets contiues here: Thankful to be part of this collaboration on SMM optical thermometers.
- 22 May 2019 - Result of joint efforts among collaborators from the magnetic and optical fields: Our paper reporting a Luminescent Thermometer Exhibiting Slow Relaxation of the Magnetization is online.
- 14 May 2019 - Welcome to MITACS summer student Nabojit from the Indian Research Institute of Science and Education in Kolkata.
- May 2019 - Eva's and Loic Charbonnière's (CNRS, Strasbourg, France) project on upconversion receives support by the France-Canada Research Fund, including a doctoral contract by the French Ministère de la Recherche.
- 5 May 2019 - Nikita takes off to Spain for a MITACS summer internship at the group of Prof. Haro, Universidad Autónomo de Madrid. Good luck for your experiments!
- 01 May 2019 - Welcome to our RISE exchange student Manjot from McMaster, who also obtained an NSERC-USRA!
- 01 May 2019 - Welcome to our summer volunteers Tina and Nelson!
- 30 April 2019 - It was fun to talk at the 2019 Spring New Professor Lecture Series of the Faculty of Science at the uOttawa and to get an opportunity to exchange with colleagues from Biology and Physics!
- 29 April 2019 - Congratulations to all Honours students - Emma, Faduma, Itzel and Nathaniel - for having successfully defended their Honours Thesis! Best wishes for your future studies!
- 9 April 2019 - Farewell party for postdoc Riccardo: one and a half years of exciting science just flew by. The HemmerLab wishes you all the best for your Marie-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Madrid!
- 3 April 2019 - Farewell party for our visitor Isabel: it was great having you visiting the lab! Wishing you all the best!
- 18 March 2019 - Congratulations to our Master's student Nan for having her paper on NaGdF4-based MRI contrast agents accepted for publication in Nanoscale.
- 07 March 2019 - A very warm welcome to our postdoc Dr. Emille Rodrigues!
- 05 March 2019 - Excited to see the first outcome of our Canada-Sweden collaboration: our just accepted paper by Riccardo, Fadi et al!
- 19 February 2019 - The HemmerLab welcomes Dr. Nicholas Obitte, visiting postdoc from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka!
- 01 February 2019 - The HemmerLab welcomes Dr. Isabel Gessner, visiting postdoc from the University of Cologne, Germany!
- 11 January 2019 - When lanthanide-based materials meet lanthanide-based molecules, this is the outcome: our just accepted paper by Riccardo, Ilias et al!
- January 2019 - Happy New Year to everyone! And a warm Welcome to our new Honours Students Itzel and Nathaniel!
- Inorganic Discussion Weekend 2019 - Congrats to Nikita for winning the 3rd place for his oral presentation on "Microwave-Assisted Solvothermal Synthesis of Upconverting and Downshifting Rare-Earth Doped LiYF4 Microparticles"
- November 2018 - Welcome to our UROP student Yifei!
- November 2018 - Our grad student Nikita's and postdoc Riccardo's paper is online! Read more about upconverting and downshifting LiYF4 microparticles...
- October 2018 - The HemmerLab welcomes visiting student Camille from ENCPB, Paris!
- September 2018 - Welcome back to school! A special Welcome to our new Honours Student Emma and Welcome Back to Faduma who just starting her Honours Project and Fadi who joined the team of Master Students!
- 1 May 2018 - Welcome to our newest group members, RISE summer student Steven and summer volunteer Faduma!
- April 2018 - Our first paper is online! Read more about Optical Anisotropy and Polymorph‐Dependent Photoluminescence in [Ln2] Complexes...
- April 2018 - Nikita Panov was awarded an Ontario Graduate Scholarship 2018-2019. Congratulations, Nikita!
- March 2018 - Dr. Ute Resch-Genger (Federal Institute for Materials Research & Testing, Berlin, Germany) and Dr. Hemmer were awarded the uOttawa Visiting Research Program - the group is looking forward to host Dr. Resch-Genger in Fall 2018!
- 1 November 2017 - The group is welcoming our new postdoc Riccardo Marin!
- September 2017 - The group is growing. Welcome to graduate students Ilias, Nan and Nikita!
- May 2017 - Volunteer Joelle Machaalani joined the lab. Welcome, Joelle!
- 13 April 2017 - our VIS-NIR Confocal Hyperpectral Imager has been installed! Read more about its features...
- April 2017 - Yacine Mazouzi from Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris, France) joined the lab for the next five months. Welcome, Yacine!
- March 2017 - Our review paper is online: "Optical Nanoprobes for Biomedical Applications: Shining a Light on Upconverting and Near-Infrared Emitting Nanoparticles for Imaging, Thermal Sensing, and Photodynamic Therapy", J. Mater. Chem. B, read more...
- November 2016 - Congratulations to Jamal Al-Refaee, Nathaniel Leslie, Brad Martire and Qing Qing Zhao for their UROP Awards.
- October 2016 - Volunteering student Fadi Oussta joined the team. Welcome to the lab!
- October 2016 - Congratulations to Alex Therien! 2nd Prize for the presentation of "My Project in 180 Seconds" at the 28e Colloque de Chimie de l'Université de Sherbrooke!
- September 2016 - Volunteering student Qing Qing Zhao and Honours student Jeffry Colin joined the team. Welcome to the lab!
- May 2016 - Volunteering students Nathaniel Leslie and Fozia Nur joined the team. Welcome to the lab!
- May 2016 - COOP summer students Rayan Ghadieh and Alexander Therien will join the team. Welcome to the lab!
- 15 March 2016 - The Hemmer Research Lab was awarded CFI funding. See press release for more details.
- 12 March 2016 - The website goes online!
- 10 March 2016 - The Discover Microwave Reactor has arrived! The lab starts to get set-up.